- By Cara Murez HealthDay Reporter
- Posted April 1, 2022
160,000 Lbs of Skippy Peanut Butter Recalled Due to Metal Fragments
Check your cupboards for any SKIPPY peanut butter, since you may need to throw the jar out.
Skippy Foods LLC has announced a recall of a limited number of jars of certain lines of its peanut butter products because they may contain a small fragment of stainless steel from a piece of manufacturing equipment.
What products are affected? Just over 9,300 cases of SKIPPY Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter Spread, SKIPPY Reduced Fat Chunky Peanut Butter Spread and SKIPPY Creamy Peanut Butter Blended With Plant Protein.
The 161,692 pounds of peanut butter being recalled are from a limited number of code dates, which can be found on top of the lid.
The recall was voluntary and no consumer complaints have been associated with it. All retailers who received the affected products have been notified.
The manufacturing facility's internal detection systems identified the problem.
The recalled products only include the following:
- SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter, 40oz with a Best if Used By date of MAY0423 or MAY0523
- SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter -- Club, 2/40oz jars with a Best if Used By date of MAY0523
- SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Chunky Peanut Butter, 16.3oz jars with a Best if Used By date of MAY0623 or MAY0723
- SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter Blended With Plant Protein, 14oz, with a Best if Used By date of MAY1023
Return any of these products to the retailer for an exchange or call Skippy Foods Consumer Engagement at 1-866-475-4779 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. CDT Monday through Friday. You can also visit the company website at www.peanutbutter.com for instructions and information.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has more on the peanut butter recall.
SOURCE: Hormel Foods, news release, March 30, 2022
Health News is provided as a service to The Medicine Shoppe site users by HealthDay. The Medicine Shoppe nor its employees, agents, or contractors, review, control, or take responsibility for the content of these articles. Please seek medical advice directly from your pharmacist or physician.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay All Rights Reserved.