- Robert Preidt and Robin Foster
- Posted November 2, 2021
Dole Recalls Bagged Salads Over Possible Listeria Contamination
Dole Fresh Vegetables Inc. said Monday it has recalled bags of garden salad sold in 10 states after a bag tested positive for listeria contamination.
No illnesses have been reported in connection with the recalled salad sold in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Virginia, the company said in a recall notice posted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
The recall comes after a salad sample yielded a positive result for the bacteria in a random test by the Georgia Department of Agriculture, the company said in the notice.
The recalled products include:
- 24-ounce Dole Garden Salad with lot codes N28205A and N28205B on the upper right corner of the bag and the UPC code 0-71430-01136-2 on the lower left corner of the back of the bag
- 24-ounce Marketside Classic Salad with lot codes N28205A and N28205B and the UPC code 6-81131-32895-1
- 12-ounce Kroger Brand Garden Salad with lot codes N28211A and N28211B and the UPC code 0-11110-91036-3
- 12-ounce Salad Classics Garden Salad with lot codes N28211A and N28211B and the UPC code 6-88267-18443-7.
All of the products have a "best-if-used-by" date of Oct. 25, 2021. Consumers who still have any of the recalled products should throw them away. For more information, call Dole at 1-800-356-3111.
In healthy people, listeria infection may cause short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
But listeria infection can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people and others with weakened immune systems, and can cause miscarriages and stillbirth in pregnant women.
Visit the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for more on listeria.
SOURCE: U.S. Food and Drug Administration, news release, Nov. 1, 2021; CBS News
Health News is provided as a service to Medicine Shoppe Ridgway site users by HealthDay. Medicine Shoppe Ridgway nor its employees, agents, or contractors, review, control, or take responsibility for the content of these articles. Please seek medical advice directly from your pharmacist or physician.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay All Rights Reserved.