Ashley Haugen’s 13-month-old daughter, Kipley, woke up projectile vomiting in their Texas home one morning in July 2017.
The Haugens took her to the doctor after it became apparent she wasn’t keeping anything down. After not responding to medication, Kipley was whisked to a nearby children’s hospital for emergency sur...
Kraft Heinz said it is recalling over 83,000 packs of its Kraft Singles American processed cheese slices because of a packaging defect in the plastic that wraps the cheese slices.
A temporary issue developed on one of the wrapping machines, making it possible for a thin strip of individual film to stay on the cheese slice after the wrapper is removed. Having this film on the cheese could ...
The maker of the “One Chip Challenge” has pulled the product from store shelves after a Massachusetts mom claimed the super spicy chip, packaged in a coffin-shaped container, contributed to the death of her 14-year-old son.
"The Paqui One Chip Challenge is intended for adults only, with clear and prominent labeling highlighting the chip is not for children or anyone sensitive to spicy...
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has warned that consumers should not use certain pregnancy, ovulation, urine, UTI and breast milk test kits over concerns that the tests may not be safe and effective.
The tests in question were manufactured by Universal Meditech Inc. (UMI), though they were branded under several names and may not include information about UMI on their packaging, the ...
Certain lots of the prescription birth control pill Tydemy may be less effective than expected, potentially resulting in an unintended pregnancy, because the pills do not contain enough of an active ingredient.
Nearly 8 million Baby Shark and Mini Baby Shark bath toys have been recalled because they can cause serious injuries to children.
When using these bath toys, particularly in a bathtub or wading pool, a child can sit, slip or fall onto the shark's hard plastic top fin, posing risks of impalement, lacerations and puncture wounds, according to the company, Zuru.
After two more infant deaths, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is are urging parents and caregivers to stop using recalled Boppy Newborn Loungers, which are now linked to 10 deaths in all.
The loungers were recalled in September 2021 because of eight baby deaths. An additional two deaths have been reported since the recall, the commission said Wednesday.
People who use a Peloton exercise bike at home should check their model number immediately.
A recall of 2 million bikes with the model number PL01 was issued Thursday. People should stop using them immediately because of fall and injury hazards, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said.
The new recall follows reports of seat posts that break and detach from the bike during u...
An outbreak of serious bacterial infections in 13 U.S. states linked to use of artificial tears has prompted experts to offer tips for keeping dry eyes safe.
Five of the 58 people infected with Pseudomonas aeruginosa had vision loss, and one person died, leading to the recall of EzriCare and Delsam Pharma artificial tears. Some of those sickened also reported lung and urinary tr...
On Thursday, ZLINE Kitchen and Bath recalled certain models of its gas kitchen ranges because the oven can emit dangerous levels of carbon monoxide while in use, potentially causing serious injury or death.
The Laundress, a laundry and cleaning products company, has recalled nearly 8 million of its products over concerns they may be contaminated with various bacteria.
The bacteria include Burkholderia cepacia complex, Klebsiella aerogenes and multiple different species of Pseudomonas. So far, testing has identified these bacteria in certain recalled products, inclu...
Consumers should immediately stop using HECOPRO digital display carbon monoxide (CO) detectors because they can fail to warn about the presence of the dangerous gas, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said.
The CPSC issued the warning Thursday after detectors sold on Amazon.com failed tests with a CO concentration of 400 ppm, in violation of safety standards.
Some lots of Jif brand peanut butter are being recalled as health officials investigate a multistate outbreak of Salmonella illness tied to the products.
Fourteen illnesses (including two hospitalizations) tied to the Salmonella Senftenberg strain of the bacteria have occurred in Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, Ohio, North Carolina, New York, South Carolina,...
The United States and Canada are investigating a multistate outbreak of norovirus illnesses linked to raw oysters from Canada.
Restaurants and retailers should not serve or sell these potentially contaminated raw oysters, which were harvested in the south and central parts of Baynes Sound, British Columbia, Canada, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said.
Check your cupboards for any SKIPPY peanut butter, since you may need to throw the jar out.
Skippy Foods LLC has announced a recall of a limited number of jars of certain lines of its peanut butter products because they may contain a small fragment of stainless steel from a piece of manufacturing equipment.
If you're a parent using Similac, Alimentum or EleCare infant formulas, here's updated facts on the ongoing product recall.
As the U.S. Food and Drug Administration investigates, Abbott Nutrition has recalled certain powdered formulas made at its Sturgis, Mich., facility. The products have been linked to bacterial infections in five babies. All had to be hospitalized and two died, possibl...